Each month, we highlight one of our Twin Hill team members. This month, we're speaking with Richard Irwin, Director of Planning.
1. How long have you worked at Twin Hill?
6 years at Twin Hill & 7 at Dimensions.
2. What’s the first thing you do when you get to work?
Grab a coffee and run a daily KPI Report.
3. Coffee or tea?
Depends on which country I’m in!
4. Have you read any good books lately?
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.
5. What is your favorite season in Texas?
There is more than one season?
6. How have you progressed since joining Twin Hill?
I started as a “service executive” at Dimensions – basically doing fit tours every day and have ended up being the director of planning here.
7. What are your main responsibilities?
I help the planning team make sure they have the right amount of inventory to fulfill the customers' needs, all the while balancing the cash and space requirements to keep us profitable.
8. Which part of your job do you enjoy the most?
9. What is the most challenging part of your job?
Finding the sweet spot of too much / not enough inventory.
10. What’s your favorite food?
11. What’s your favorite sports team?
England National Football team (soccer).
12. What department is your role under?
13. What makes your team different than others?
They need to have a working knowledge of the whole supply chain, from fiber to containers, and customers. They use this knowledge to be able to anticipate and solve any and all problems or potential problems that pop up.
14. How would you describe your team in three words?
Analytical, diligent, commercial.
15. Outside of work, do you have any hobbies or interests?
Baking and playing computer games.
16. What has been the highlight of your career at Twin Hill so far?
Making the move to Houston from Derby.
17. What is one thing that most people do not know about you?
I have two middle names.
18. If you could be anywhere (other than the office) right now, where would you be?
A beer garden.
19. What’s the best vacation spot?
Still looking, but Colorado or the Lake District in the UK.
20. What will you do when you get home today?
Play with my two boys.