A Message to our Twin Hill Customers about the Coronavirus COVID 19
I want to personally update you on a topic that is on everyone’s mind - the coronavirus (COVID–19). I want to assure you that we are monitoring the situation closely and have several initiatives in place across the business to ensure the well-being of our employees and customers. We know this is an evolving situation and want to share with you the various precautionary measures we are taking to continue to focus on keeping employees and customers safe and healthy.
We are following guidance from public health officials and government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), so we can make assessments and provide information and guidance as the situation develops.
Employee health is important to us. We continue to focus on encouraging washing your hands regularly, staying home when you are sick to prevent the spread of germs to others, and hand sanitizers are available for all employees. We also have restricted international travel and US travel is on a case by case basis.
In addition to our regular cleaning procedures at our offices and distribution center, there has been an increased focus on cleaning and sanitizing the more commonly touched hard surfaces, including entrances, bathrooms, fitting rooms, break rooms, conference rooms, and phones.
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the coronavirus. I want to assure you that our customers and employees are our top priority. Our business remains open, and we are committed to providing the best customer service and experience during this challenging time.
We will continue to monitor the data and recommendations from the CDC and WHO and keep you informed.
Thank you for your loyalty.
All my best,
VP, Twin Hill
Each month, we highlight one of our Twin Hill team members. This month, we're speaking with Joe Williams, Manager, DC Inventory.
1. How long have you worked at Twin hill? 14 Years.
2. What’s the first thing you do when you get to work? Login to my computer then walk the warehouse to assess what needs to be done.
3. Coffee or tea? Coffee...but really, any energy drink.
4. Have you read any good books lately? The Bible.
5. What is your favorite season in Texas? Football season.
6. How have you progressed since joining Twin Hill? I’m quite a bit older now, hopefully smarter as well.
7. What are your main responsibilities? Initially I helped create most of the DC’s processes and I progressed into inventory.
8. Which part of your job do you enjoy the most? Having it.
9. What is the most challenging part of your job? Communication is a big part of my role, I'm continually working to hone in on this skill.
10. What’s your favorite food? Meat. It must be well seasoned though.
11. What’s your favorite sports team? Houston Texans.
12. What department is your role under? Distribution/Inventory.
13. What makes your team different than others? It is built with pieces of all other teams…basically I try to utilize everyone according to their abilities.
14. How would you describe your team in three words? Gets it Done.
15. Outside of work, do you have any hobbies or interests? Football and my kids.
16. What has been the highlight of your career at Twin Hill so far? Winning the Aloha award…recognition is always appreciated.
17. What is one thing that most people do not know about you? I actually do have feelings…though I bottle them up well.
18. If you could be anywhere (other than the office) right now, where would you be? At the Super Bowl.
19. What’s the best vacation spot? Anywhere calming with no responsibilities.
20. What will you do when you get home today? Play Madden.